Re: [amibroker] Amibroker on Linux OS computer?

Hi Tomasz,
    Yes, But times are changeing.

<As you say.....Linux is for servers> I have used Linux as
file/gateway/print servers for many years now.
And as I mentioned, I have been using linux for my desktop  for the last
year. And very happy.

Yes, There are virus's on EVERY platform, Mac/Amiga/Windows/Linux &
more. But the difference is
there are only a handfull of virus's on the linux/mac systems, Compared
to the thousands on the windows
systems. Also - Virus's do not propagate as readily on linux systems as
they do on windows. Most security holes under linux need to be "Manualy"
hacked into.  So this IMHO doesn't realy count. [As opposed to worms
simply propagating through the security holes in windows based system.]
Thus the ACTIVE virus count is close to nil.

In regards to reboots, I had to reboot half a dozen times to install
antivirus/spyware on this windows laptop.
You may say - "I was installing system software". But thats the point.
You don't NEED to on linux/mac.

Though, As always - The more popular the system, The more attention it
gets from virus/worm/trojen writers.
And yes, It does depend on the actual user. But windows default of full
system user (aka root) is a curse for windows/non savy users.

I find gnome/kde desktops very stable. And much more flexable (aka many
virtual desktops).
And the recent releases of linux - Like Ubuntu - Are very user friendly.
So being a linux fan (like myself)
are no longer necessary.

As always, Hoping you will release a native linux version of amibroker.

    All the best,
       Michael.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.