Re: [amibroker] Amibroker on Linux OS computer?

Yes, It would be possible. I have been running AmiBroker for the last
year under Linux.

I do everything from linux now. This includes online banking, office
apps, AmiBroker and more.

I now use OpenOffice for ALL my word and excel needs. Am very happy with it.
And use FireFox/Java for all my banking needs. Works Great.

I never have to worry about worms or virus's.
Nor do I have to frequently "Reboot" just to keep things working.

Actualy, I have just spent the last two nights "Cleaning" virus &
Spyware from a friends "Windows" laptop.
I couldn't believe I put up with that garbage for so long. <Sigh>

All the best,
    Michael.

vni780 wrote:

>Would it be possible to run AB on a computer NOT running Windows?
>
>There is talk about a new Linux-based operatingsystem called Ubuntu.
>Do you know if it would be possible to have AB on it? Would it be
>compatible? If not, what do you think of the possibility for this
>in the future?
>
>I am not good at computers. And for people like me, who dont want
>to spend half the time updating security holes, searching for viruses
>and getting confused by a incomprehensible Windows XP, this is tough.
>Would a Linux system, whatever that means, make it easier?
>
>I searched this forum for this matter, only found a few messages,
>but it seems someone has tried it.
>I believe anyway, that the future is an open-code and free
>operating system.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.