Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker Computer Performance -- What Matters?

Tomasz:

If going from single to dual core (both 32 bit code) will
give about a 2x speed increase, what is your estimate of
the speed increase that one might expect when going from 32
bit 64 bit code?

I know that 64 bit code will theoretically give a huge
increase in addressable RAM, but that will not affect most
of us since the current 32 bit Windows code will address 4
GB which is considerably larger than my database.

Thus any advantage of 64 bit really comes down to
computational advantages. How much of a speed advantage
will 64 bit code give Amibroker? My guess is that going
from single to dual core (both 32 bit) will give more gain
than going from 32 to 64 bit.

Is this guess right or wrong.

--- Tomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxxxx> wrote:
> ... Having this in mind, I am starting to think about
> implementing multi-core support based on 32 bit code
> first to avoid problems with external data sources. This
> will still bring almost 2x speed increase on
> dual-core processors such as Athlon 64x2 and most recent
> dual-core Pentiums.

http://mail.yahoo.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.