Re: [amibroker] Off Topic: Optimizing a PC for Amibroker Backtesting - What's most important?

  • To: "amibrokeryahoogroups" <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Off Topic: Optimizing a PC for Amibroker Backtesting - What's most important?
  • From: "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:55:45 -0600

I saved all of the replys that I received when I was thinking about getting a faster computer.  Dingo knows a lot about this subject.  I have attached some of the replies that I received at that time.  I have saved more if anyone wants to see them.

I finally realized that I already owned the best computer of all.  It is called a brain. It is not that important how fast  your brain runs.  The former American President, Calvin Coolidge gave the best instructions on how to use your brain.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.  Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.  Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.  PERSISTENCE AND DETERMINATION ARE OMNIPOTENT".

Hope this helps.  Ron D