Re: [amibroker] Off Topic: Optimizing a PC for Amibroker Backtesting - What's most important?

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Off Topic: Optimizing a PC for Amibroker Backtesting - What's most important?
  • From: b <b519b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:19:57 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Tom:

I talked so much about RAM in my first post, I forgot about
some other factors. Here my shopping list if I were buying
this month:

ESSENTIALS
RAM: 2to 4 GBs (my huge CSI database)
FAST CPU: P4 at 3 GB or A64 3000+ (not top of the line)
HD: two 7,200 RPM hard drives (the second is for backups)
VIDEO: dual monitor card
MONITORS: two 1280 x 1024 (or better: 1600x1200)

BELLS AND WHISTLES:
DVD burner
Firewire (for video)
Hard drive bay and drawer (to remove the 2nd hard drive for
off site storage - better back up protection).

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250