[amibroker] Re: The demise of 23 systems...SURVIVORSHIP BIAS

Back when I started with AB as a tool I though I'd try the IBD 100
as a watchlist..the ultimate example of survivorship bias.  I was
raving about the great results I was getting until a friend of mine
pointed out what was happening. Try it!  The NDX 100, and the NASDAQ
are less severe cases of this bias. I tried a version of the
Columbine 1500 of my own making.  1000 highest ranked and high
volume stocks(using something like QRP) plus the SP500 and that
seems to move it away from a bias but would not necessarily include
the new issues.

Best personal regards
JOE
Geaux Tigers - Hope Fred T. cheers for the right team when he
attends the Sugar Bowl.

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511