[amibroker] Re: Deleting a Composite from afl?

Tomasz,
Hermans question was posted at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/55602
Since then I have not seen any reply of yours for this specific
question.
Your last message
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/55576
was referring to the Resetting a composite.
Dimitris Tsokakis
> MessageHello,
>
> I am using (or trying to use) the following convention in the user
interface, docs and function names:
> DELETE (symbol) - means permantent deletion from the database
> REMOVE (symbol from watch list/group) - remove assignment to given
watch list/group without deleting the symbol from the database

> So CategoryRemoveSymbol does NOT delete the symbol from the
database, it just removes symbol from given category
> as described in the User's Guide:
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?
name=CATEGORYREMOVESYMBOL

> The only way to actually DELETE stock programatically is to use
JScript code I have provided in one of my previous responses
> to original Herman's e-mail.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

from a watchlist; etc.  What exactly DID you mean by the word delete?

up with trying all the ideas...

>     many thanks for the idea!
>
>     herman.

Group"
>       The ~tickers go to Group253.
>       The following code will not exactly delete the ~tickers, but,
after
>       the exploration there will be no group including any ~ticker.
[they

amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>       > --------------------------------------------
>       > Check group FAQ at:
>       >
>       >
>       > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       > Yahoo! Groups Links
>       >
>       > To visit your group on the web, go to:
>       >
>       > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>       >
>       > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.
>       >
>       >
>       > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>       > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>       > -----------------------------------------
>       > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>       > --------------------------------------------
>       > Check group FAQ at:
>       >
>       > Yahoo! Groups Links
>       >
>       > To visit your group on the web, go to:
>       >
>       > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>       >
>       > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>       >  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>       > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>       > -----------------------------------------
>       > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>       > --------------------------------------------
>       > Check group FAQ at:
>       >
>       >
>       > Yahoo! Groups Links
>       >
>       > To visit your group on the web, go to:
>       >
>       > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>       >
>       > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>       >  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

>       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>
>         c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of Service.