[amibroker] Re: Ticker Lists and Price Histories

Thanks Tomasz,

I don't know how I missed watching that video on your website.
Anyway I tried it out and it worked fine.  I used MGAM and RRGB as
my tickers to test.  I knew that RRGB was a fairly recent IPO and
wouldn't have too much price data at Yahoo.  I set Amiquote to
download back to 1995 for my list.  It grabbed all of MGAM and RRGB
price history, no problem.  That's what I was after.  I will
probably download the last 5-10 years of history for all the Nasdaq
stocks.

Now, a further question.  Let's say I build a list of all the Nasdaq
companies.  I then download the price histories for the past 10
years for each symbol.  A few months go by and I want to update my
list with new tickers (IPOs, symbol changes, etc.).  So I would
build a new watch list of all the tickers on the Nasdaq at this
point in the future.  Would I have to download the price histories
from the tickers that were in my previous list (still on Nasdaq)?
Or would Amibroker "know" that it already has that history in
storage somewhere?  Or would the histories be deleted when I removed
the old watch list?  Just wondering because I'm guessing this data
file will run into the Gigabytes of information.

Jim