[amibroker] Re: QP2 - actual and backadjusted prices

I'll sleep on it. I may have to do some due diligence on the number of
reverse splits versus regular splits to verify your contention that
there are as many reverse splits as normal splits.

But as usual, you have challanged a fellow trader to think outside the
box... Thanks.

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> Your theory is excellent, except for the scenario of reverse splits.
  There
> are as many reverse splits going on right now as there has been normal
> splits in the past.  A reverse split happens when a company decides
that the
> price of their shares is too low.  Perhaps they are going to be
kicked out
> of the NASDAQ or S&P, whatever.  So, they reverse split the price of
their
> shares.   I'm looking at one at the moment where the actual price is
only
> 10% of the backadjusted price.    That's somewhat typical.  The
price goes
> below one dollar (say 0.80), so they reverse split the stock to make it
> $8.00.    That makes the backadjusted price of their shares $850 in 1997
> instead of $85.
>
> I wouldn't worry whether using actual (correct?) prices and volumes for
> filtering is going to give you better or worse results.   It will
give you
> more accurate results.
>
> If you only want to trade shares between $1 and $10 today, I assume
that ten
> years ago you would have only wanted to trade shares between $1 and $10.
> Why not let your systems look at the same shares in your backtest
that you
> would have considered on the day?

Service.