[amibroker] Re: QP2 - actual and backadjusted prices

Chuck,

Bear with me while I think out loud...

I have more than one trading system (long and short) which produce
very good backtest results (along with verified real trading results)
using split-adjusted data.

If I revert to raw (non-split adjusted) data, I'll probably see an
even better return since my systems are filtered on price and volume,
and I'll probably pick up even more 'tech bubble' pre-split trades.

And as I develope even more trading systems which now use raw data, I
should expect to find it easier to ferret out profitable trading
systems because of the improved probability of 'hitting' bubble
pre-split shooting stars.

But the reality is that by using split adjusted data, the backtest
results should reveal a 'worst case' situation since split-adjusted
data will eliminate many of the 'shooting stars' that might be
regarded as once in a decade (or even once in a century) situations.

It is late here... where is my thinking screwed up?

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> Thanks, Ed.
>
> Learn something new every day.   I don't use QP2, but I'm sure that
a lot of
> people will appreciate learning about the extra functionality that they
> offer.

I'm not
> at the moment.   Since open interest is an integer field, I multiply the
> actual close by 100 before placing it in the field.   If I was
writing some
> AFL to filter price and volume, I might say something like:
>
>     BuyOK = OI > 100 and Volume > 200000;       // 100 = $1
>     ShortOK = OI > 600 and Volume > 300000;    //  600 = $6
>
>     I'm afraid that I don't understand your question about segmenting
> stocks.   I simply have actual and backadjusted prices all in the
O,H,L,C,V