RE: [amibroker] Jayson (or TJ) QP2 database efficiency

<SPAN
class=722361303-25042003>Psst,
I do
not use the all stocks option as there are many, many stocks there that I would
not even consider trading. For instance the qp database has over 2200 stocks
under $5, almost 600 less than a dollar. Instead I filter a list that meets my
trading universe criteria. I suppose there are pro's and cons to both
approaches. Using the enable local storage option will speed things a bit but
Tomasz has made the QP plug in pretty fast.
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: phsst
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 10:56
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Jayson
(or TJ) QP2 database efficiencyJayson,You made
a post earlier today that did not register for a few hours,so I apologize
for not linking into the original thread.I believe that you posted that
it only takes you a couple minutes toripple thru your QP2 database to create
new indexes.Here is my question:I link directly to my QP2
database rather than using QP2 to update thenative AB database.Then,
using the 'Groups / All Stocks' option to backtest or exploreagainst the
entire QP2 database, it usually takes about 8 minutes perbacktest or explore
on my 1.7 ghz system.Am I using the system in the most efficient way? Or
should I specifythe 'local database' option and let the system spend a few
minuteseach day to update a native AB database from my QP2 database in
orderto speed up things on all subsequent backtests an
explores?Thanks in advance,PhsstSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.