[amibroker] Jayson (or TJ) QP2 database efficiency

Jayson,

You made a post earlier today that did not register for a few hours,
so I apologize for not linking into the original thread.

I believe that you posted that it only takes you a couple minutes to
ripple thru your QP2 database to create new indexes.

Here is my question:

I link directly to my QP2 database rather than using QP2 to update the
native AB database.

Then, using the 'Groups / All Stocks' option to backtest or explore
against the entire QP2 database, it usually takes about 8 minutes per
backtest or explore on my 1.7 ghz system.

Am I using the system in the most efficient way? Or should I specify
the 'local database' option and let the system spend a few minutes
each day to update a native AB database from my QP2 database in order
to speed up things on all subsequent backtests an explores?

Thanks in advance,

Phsst

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM