RE: [amibroker] Re: trends

<SPAN
class=526445515-24042003>Ron,
<SPAN
class=526445515-24042003>
You
really should not use any indicator using zig to choose entry at the turns. The
reason for this has been hashed over dozens of times on this forum but a quick
summary is that the leg (turns) may well change in real time. Check the archives
for a more thorough discussion of Zigzag.  My indicator is designed instead
to compare the current swing  to the past 3 swings in the same
direction.
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: rmortonmd
[mailto:ronmd@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 11:39
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
trends--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:Jayson,Very impressive study, all of
the stocks that I have been watching would have been picked up much earlier
than I did by manually looking at the charts.  Is it possible to set up
a scan where you could look at stocks after they are say 3-4 days (or some
other  appropriate #) after the upturn of the latest swing?  Any
help in setting this up would be appreciated.ron>
Rick,> > a picture is worth a thousand words....> >
> > In this chart the current swing direction is up, therefore I
am calculating> Impulse waves. Swing 1 is the previous wave up, swing
2 the wave prior and> swing 3 the wave prior to that. The top the
chart identifies which direction> the calculations are being made
for. If you wanted to see the calculations> for the reaction waves
(the down waves) use the parameter switch. The first> line "Bars
since swing" is giving the running calculation of the swing in>
progress, The averages are based on the prior 3 swings and does not
include> the swing in progress.> > The green bars are
marking the the first bar after the turn, the white bar> marks the
first bar considered in the ATR look back. If the state was down> the
red bars would be marking the first bar after the down swing.> >
Elliot and Miner view Impulse and reaction moves as different animals.
When> calculating the up moves you use data from previous up moves
when> calculating down moves you use data from previous down
moves.> > > JaysonSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.