[amibroker] Re: Holidays

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> Holidays are handled by your data supplier....
> So..whatever data is being supplied by your supplier that is what
will be in

> Amibroker when you update your database.
>
> Anthony

What if I'm using an imported ASCII file with no holiday data? Maybe a
concrete example will help. Today is Thursday. I have an ASCII file
with tons of daily data that I want to backtest my system on but I
want to do it on a weekly basis. How would I write a routine to only
use the Thursday data, except use Wednesday's when a given Thursday is
a holiday (i.e., no data)? I know I need dayofweek() but that's about
as far I've gotten. TIA for all helpful responses.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z_CBYA/vB5FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM