[amibroker] Re: trends

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
Jayson,
Thanks for the information.  I understand your point but I'm using
the EOD data and what I would like to do is to use this indicator as
a scan to pick up those stocks that have started on the upside of
the swing so that I can cone down on those charts for review.
Currently, I've been having to go through each chart manually to do
this, I was hoping that this would be one way to speed up the
process.  I agree that by itself it may not be an appropriate
indicator to generate buy/sell signals.  I am just looking for an
easy way to try and narrow down the database to a manageable  number
of stocks (10 or so) that I can then watch the next day in real
time.  Can that process be done with this indicator?  If so, could
you help me with writing the code.
Thanks,
Ron

> Ron,
>
> You really should not use any indicator using zig to choose entry
at the
> turns. The reason for this has been hashed over dozens of times on
this
> forum but a quick summary is that the leg (turns) may well change
in real
> time. Check the archives for a more thorough discussion of
Zigzag.  My
> indicator is designed instead to compare the current swing  to the
past 3
> swings in the same direction.
>
> Jayson

Service.