RE: [amibroker] Creating IM200 indices - JAYSON

<SPAN
class=855470704-24042003>Markus,
<SPAN
class=855470704-24042003>
I have
been gone most of the afternoon. Sorry to leave you hanging. Answers
below......
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: funnybiz@xxxxxx
[mailto:funnybiz@xxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 5:26
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
Creating IM200 indices - JAYSON
Anthony,thanks for stepping in here.If I
may:1./ does Jayson´s SYM variable refer to the array part of the
addtocompositefunction. If so, why is it not put in parenthesis (though this
results in anerror).<FONT color=#0000ff
face=Arial size=2>

<FONT
face=Arial>The line
<FONT
face=Arial>
<FONT
face=Arial>sym="~"+sectorid(1)
<FONT
face=Arial>
<FONT
face=Arial>looks at each stock you scan and places "~" + the sector ID for that
stock in its place. If, for instance the stock resides
in the Utilities Sector then AB notes this and returns sym= "~Utilities".
Addtocomposite grabs this shorthand and Therefore the next line <FONT
color=#0000ff>
AddToComposite(<FONT
color=#000000>C<FONT
color=#282828>,sym ,"C"<FONT
color=#282828>);
becomes
addtocomposite(c,"~utilities","C");
<SPAN
class=855470704-24042003>This is repeated for each stock scanned. addtocomposite
then simply looks to the stocks sectorid and places the data in the appropriate
ticker
2./ sym="~"+SectorID(1);// this does sectors for industry groups
useindustryid(0)I don´t understand Jayson´s remark here: WHICH stocks
does that include? Iwant to include all stocks belonging to the same of the
200 industry groups.<FONT color=#0000ff
face=Arial size=2>

<FONT color=#0000ff
face=Arial>Sectorid(1) returns the 12 sectors (Capital goods, utilities,
financials etc) If you want industry groups then replace that line
with

<FONT color=#0000ff
face=Arial>sym="~"+industryID(1);
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>
<FONT color=#0000ff
face=Arial>Ab will look at all the stocks in your scan. All the stocks with with
the same industryID will be counted in the appropriate composite
Ticker.  3./ if I wanted to create an
index for all the 200 used industry groups(Quotes Plus Two), would I have to
write this code 200 times??<FONT color=#0000ff
face=Arial size=2>

No...
See above... AB does all the grunt work for
you... 4./ would I have to run the scan EVEREY day to
bring my Addtocomposites upto date?<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>

<FONT
face=Arial>Yes. the scan will create/update all 200 industry groups and store
them in group 253 (the default location for your Composites. You may also create
watch lists of these tickers to separate them. For
instance I have a watchlist with just the 12 sectors, a second for the industry
group tickers etc.... 5./ I added
"flag=16" which gave me an error. How do I have to specify if Iwant to use
addtocomposite in exploration mode?<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>

<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>flag=16 is a description.... just add comma 16

AddToComposite(<FONT
color=#000000>C,sym ,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"C"<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial> <FONT color=#ff00ff
face="Courier New">,16 );
 Many thanks for your
help!Markus----- Original Message -----From: "Anthony
Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxxxxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 8:37
PMSubject: Re: [amibroker] Creating IM200 indices - JAYSON>
Also...do not forget to add this dummy line...which is needed
forscanning.>> Buy=0;>>>> Send BUG
REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to
Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Web
page: <A