[amibroker] Re: TradeIt

Phsst,

It's not necessarily that our trading styles are different, but as I
think you mentioned earlier you don't for example look at DD's the
way most of the rest of us do i.e. intra-trade numbers don't count
and back to back losses don't count or at least that's how I
interpretted what you stated not to mention the issue with AB
regarding whether or not one is more than 100% invested.  It's
difficult to compare apples to apples when different folks use
different yard sticks to measure results.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> OK... got it!
>
> I now realize that my inability to 'relate' to certain posts about
> trading is that I fail to recognize that other people often have
> trading styles very different from my own. I am going to try to take
> that into account in the future.
>
> Some examples:
>
> Measuring drawdowns -  The way that I trade, the terms 'drawdowns'
and
> 'actual losses' are pretty well synonymous. Tight trailing stop loss
> orders take me out of a position at the same level that a drawdown
> would be measured. And my backtested systems reflect the trades
> exactly as I experience them in real life. So theoritical drawdown
> measurements don't have (as) much meaning to me as they do to others
> who have longer holding periods along with more room for adverse
price
> movement.
>
> More potential trades than capital - I do not attempt to trade in a
> compounding fashion, but rather use fixed a positionsize with an
> account that can support a large number of simultaneous trades if
> necessary. Others appear to want to use positionsize compounding
that
> would put more of a squeeze on available capital for larger number
of
> trades.
>
> As far as ranking to find more likely winners along with a managable
> number of trades, isn't that just a natural part of the filtering
> process we all use to develope our systems?
>
> Phsst
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> > What Fred is talking about is how to figure out what trades to
take if
> > you have more potential trades than you have captial.  You say
winners
> > are winners but are some winners better than others?  If you're
going to
> > invest your hard earned capital don't you want to pick the biggest
> > potential winner you can? If you agree then how do you do it?
> >
> > That's it...

Simply
> > put... I don't get what the heck are you talking about? But then I
> > admit to often times missing the obvious.
> >
> > Phsst
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > > There are a variety of methods that can be used for ranking
that help
> > > to pick the more likely "winners" as it were depending on how
one
> > > defines winners.  This might take the form of highest CAR with
lowest
> > > MDD's or lowest UI during the time of previous in the market
> > > signals.  There are several formulae for that can be used
including
> > > AccuTrack, NCAlpha and others which would be well known to the
> > > FastTracker's who could probably explain them and their uses
better
> > > than I.

> > > any?

This of

<s9kaiser@xxxx>

> > > TradeIt?

AB
> > > trade

> > > from
TradeIT
> > > with
Unfortunately

> > > in
> > > the

> > > example,
> > > my
> > > data
> > > able
> > > and
> > > on

> > > read

04/10/2003

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17
> > > 05
> > > bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=105103042

3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705632198:HM/A=14823
> > > 3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17056

> > > M=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egrou

Service

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=17
05
> > 632198:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?
bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=105107160
> > 2%
3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1705632198:HM/A=14823

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z_CBYA/vB5FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM