RE: Stock Selection was: [amibroker] Re: NDX / QQQ - Can it be traded ?

I had a case like that and found it easier
to do in small batches of closely interactive variables, then go through the batches
as an iterative process. I found that by doing this it took about 3 passes to
find best results without further changes occurring in each batch.

>Cheers,

 >Graham

face="Times New Roman">

face=Tahoma>Al,
that reminds me of something I've been wondering about:

face="Times New Roman">

face=Tahoma>Say you
have 5 0r 6 variables and the number of resultant optimizations is so big and
my computer is so slow that its not practical to run the optimization.
Would you increase the step size to such an extent that it was barely tolerable
and then try to zoom in on the "zones" or would it be possible
to split that one big optimization into 2 parts and then combine them?  If
so how do you design the parts so that you don't miss the "sweet
spot"?

face="Times New Roman">

face=Tahoma>???

face="Times New Roman">