RE: Stock Selection was: [amibroker] Re: NDX / QQQ - Can it be traded ?

Al,
that reminds me of something I've been wondering about:
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#ff0000
size=2>
Say
you have 5 0r 6 variables and the number of resultant optimizations is so big
and my computer is so slow that its not practical to run the optimization.
Would you increase the step size to such an extent that it was barely tolerable
and then try to zoom in on the "zones" or would it be possible to split
that one big optimization into 2 parts and then combine them?  If so how do
you design the parts so that you don't miss the "sweet
spot"?
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#ff0000
size=2>
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#ff0000
size=2>???
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#ff0000
size=2>
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#ff0000
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Avcinci
  [mailto:avcinci@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 5:04
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: Stock
  Selection was: [amibroker] Re: NDX / QQQ - Can it be traded
  ?
  Fred,

  There is another way, taught to me by Herman. You can plot a 3D graph of
  X and Y at Z=1 in Excel. Then, create another plot of X and Y at Z=2. Keep
  doing this until you get 10 3D plots. Then, paste each of the 3D plots at each
  Z value adjacent to the each other so you can view all 10 of the 3D plots on
  one page. This is also how Steve Notis does it in Powerkit, except he doesn't
  use Excel. TJ told me he is working on a similar 3D optimization graphics
  capability in AB that is even better than Powerkit's. So, be patient and wait
  for Tomasz's development.

  Of course, then the next logical question is, what if you want to
  optimize 4 variables at once?   :-))

  AVPost
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.