a few considerations about optimization

Hello,

trying to optimize any trading system, I think we
all have thought, sometime, we would like to avoid such a tedious process or to
do it once and for all.
It could be possible? This question badgered me for
a long time, unfortunately with no success, yet I feel there must be a
solution.
Why I say that? Because a peculiarityof each
stock, called "personality" by someone, wich seems stable enough. In other
words, I think if we were able to mathematically represent this characteristic,
we could automatically optimize any trading systems.
But, the big matter is: what is this characteristic
(long term volatility, frequency of peaks and troughs, price)? How could we
assess or measure it? And, first of all, does such a feature exist or
is it only a mirage? How do you think about?

Best regards,

Franco