RE: [amibroker] Re: 3rd logical alert

Very
well put Dimitris. There is a wealth of information available here and on other
sites. to assume it to be useless simply because it is being offered is simply
arrogant. While I would not blindly throw money at a system I did not understand
I can hope to gain knowledge from the efforts of others,The sharing of
information on these forums is what makes them so
useful.......

Jayson

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxx]Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 2:27
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
3rd logical alert--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Richard
Harper" <rdharper@xxxx> wrote:> > I have a lot of
rules.  The first of which is,  don't trust anyone giving advice
where the market is concerned.  Reason is simple.  If they knew
what they were talking about, they'd be using it, not talking about it,or
selling it.  In fact, when you hear advice, you can assume the opposite
is more likely to be correct.   Better just to ignore it, and
trust the charts.  Work out your own theories, and backtest. And
recheck assumptions a lot.Richard,It may be your personal opinion,
but it is not the only true statement.I do not have any problem to
improve and share the knowlwdge to make some money from the
stockmarket.Many examples are posted to this mailing list. Every system
presented here means [at least for me] 5 profitable movements before the
announcement.My basic idea is very simple. It is better to make profits
than loosing money like a fool.I am so happy to receive private mails
when some friend added some coins to his acccount using some idea of
mine.On the other side, I did not see any problem to buy or sell when the
signal was activated.One of the last examples is the D-ratio Buy signal
for CSCO on Oct8.It was almost ideal: Just one day before the great CSCO
adventure.You could easily be a buyer among the ocean of 170M shares traded
on Oct9 !!!170M shares were available by the sellers. They have just the
opposite idea from this tiny 10-line D-ratio system. The system produced
a +2500% since Jan2000, I follow it since Jan 2002, I waited 8 months to
receive the first Buy signal on Aug 1 [!!!] and still keep it at a
+95%.Do you see any [serious] reason not to share the code ?I posted
some details about the recent CSCO downgrade by some famous
analysts.[the main reason for the -7.5% of Oct28]. Since then the floor
presents a different opinion and sends CSCO higher and higher.Wouldyou
prefer to be a victim of these strange "downgrades" ?I see many people here
sharing their time and their knowledge. They do not sell anything, theyjust
share their ideas and improve their trading knowledge and, perhaps, their
profits.Your opinion is not the only correct opinion and this is a good
coincidence.I feel just fine to share for free my research and I think
some people appreciate it.I do not try to make up your mind, but I think
you have some benefits from Amibroker list, one of the best
available.>In fact, when you hear advice, you can assume the opposite
is more >likely to be correct.I think my postings about the market
situation were correct in general and confirmed by the next market
movements. There will be an exception to your rules and this makes me so
happy !!  Dimitris TsokakisPost