>From:
Anthony Faragasso

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 10:40
PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Resetting
variables
Hello,How about
this;Buy=C>MA(C,28);Sell=C <
MA(C,28);x=BarsSince(Buy)
;y=BarsSince(Sell);Filter=1;AddColumn(x,"x");AddColumn(y,"Y");Esteban
wrote:> Say I am incrementing a variable that counts the number of
trades of> volume > 10000 using the cum function.count = cum(v >
10000) ;But I> don't want a count from the beginning of the data set. I
want the> count from an event. I've thought of several ways to
accomplish this> in principle, but I always run up against the same
issue no matter> what scheme I devise. The reset doesn't stick, it's
only good while> the condition that causes it is true. Here 's an
example. Reset the> value of the variable and start the count again
after each buy, like> in
vb.>>      count = iif(buy, 0, count) ;
The problem I run into here is>      thatI
can't reference the the variable count in the
formula>      if it hasn't  already
been assigned. Therefore with the>
formula above count = 0 only on the bar that buy is
true.>      The next bar it reverts to
whatever it was previously>      assigned.
This doesn't give the effect of resetting.>> I've given this a
lot of thought and tried to work around it a number> of ways. I'm
stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.>>
Esteban>>>>
Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT>> Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLYto:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Web page: <A
Check group FAQ at:> <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html>>
Service.Post