RE: [amibroker] Tomasz - RE: Relative Strength?

Investors
Business Daily and possibly MSN may not calculate a straight RS.  IBD uses
a proprietary formula where they give more weight to the recent months.
The exact formula is not disclosed.  Does MSN reveal their exact
formula?

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mroman59
[mailto:mroman59@xxxx]Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 6:56
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Tomasz - RE: Relative Strength?Thanks for the earlier
info on Relative Strength, however, I am still confused because of RS
reported between 0 and 100 and I think that AB should be able to do
this.  For example, If you go to www.moneycentral.com/home.asp and
look to the right you will see a "Get Quote" box. Enter in any ticker
symbol and then select go or enter.  When the information about the
stock is presented, then look to the left column. Under the heading
"Research" choose "Company Report".  The information provided under
"Stock Price History" reports Relative Strength for 1, 6, & 12 months
in values between 0 and 100. This ranking makes it easy for the investor
to compare the price movement (I believe) of the stock to all other
stocks, no matter what sector or exchange they are in.  Could
you tell me if this value is still what you are refering to as ROC and if
so shouldn't AB be able to be program to filter out stocks meating a
ranking such as > 90?This value at MSN is what I am trying to
duplicate and also what I think others who have posted on yahoo website
are actually interested in when the refer to Relative
Strength.Thank YouMikePost