Re: OffTopic - Easy Backup and Recovery

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OffTopic - Easy Backup and Recovery
  • From: "jtaylorhk" <jtaylorhk@xxxx>
  • Date: 4 Jul 2002 11:30:40 -0000

Yes, Ken, I am interested in hearing your description of this backup
system.

You mentioned xxcopy, but one visit to this site warns of a steep
learning curve.

Can the removable drive system you mention be achieved without
learning DOS? or multitudes of commands?

I have some new drives and want to do something smart and practical
with them.

JT

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Peter and others:
>
> If you or anyone else is interested, I would be glad to describe
the system
> I employed along with some others on another list which uses a
removeable
> hard drive for making a duplicate of the C drive via the XCOPY
command.
> Important in the ease of this is the installation of a thing called
> dockable hard drive tray. You use regular 30G hard drives,
swapping them
> almost like zip disks. A single (or several) batch file in the root
> directory makes incremental or full backups, and the drive is
popped out and
> put on the shelf (either every night or every week). If a drive
ever fails,
> you pop it out, pop in the one on the shelf, and you are up and
running
> instantly (current up to the point when you last did the backup).
Free