Asx sectors and indusrty

Hi All,
Well after many hours I have completed my asx sector and industry
files I was only going to do the sector that I trade in, but got
carried away.
Look in the files section of egroups for asx.zip
you will need to follow Tomasz instructions below to change your
sector and indusry files: locate broker.sector and broker.industy
files in asx.zip extract to amibroker directory, delete
broker.workspace run broker and you will have the new sector/
industry info ...

then follow his newsleter on sector script and change the file names
as show or you can cut and paste them into 1 file sand do the whole
25 at once ...

Good luck
p.s i hope i havent left any out ...

(sectors and
> industries) ? are they 'just' a part of the 'documentation' - or
are they
> supposed to be ' .ini' like ? ( broker.exe will run without them
being
> present too). When I look at the properties of the Stocks object I
can see
> Fullname:string but IndustryID, MarketId and GroupID are
type :number
> suggesting that broker.(sectors and industries) are documentation ?
No. I wrote some time ago on this e-mail list that broker.sectors and
broker.industires are used as a template when creating new workspace.
Once workspace is created these files are not taken into
consideration.
In this way you may have different categories in each workspace.
If you want AmiBroker to load them into already existing workspace
please delete broker.workspace file BEFORE opening the workspace.
If you now open the workspace AmiBroker will read broker.sectors and
broker.industries.