Re: [amibroker] Asx sectors and indusrty

I have attached a word doc for pic for each step
as i dont know how to get them on egroups

Step 1 delete file BROKER~1.WOR from your amibroker dir

Step 2 : Copy files Broker.industry broker.sectors for ASX.ZIP into your
amibroker directory ; YOUR MAYBE ASKED TO OVERWRITE CURRENT FILES answer
yes (PS It could be a good idea to copy your current files in a backup dir
just incase you need them .

Start Amibroker and you should have industries and sector files like this:

PLEASE note that you will have do the Industry sector assignment manually
it wont take long
Eg 01 to 07 belongs to gold(01)
101,102,103,105,105 belongs to Chemicals 10

NOW FOR THE INSUDTRY script form tomasz

from file asx.zip ps you will need to extract file to a directory

do this for each of the 25 sector files or you can cut and paste them into
on big file P.S
if you do you may need to use tomasz new industry.js as it will fine error
in file like blank entries

Now you should end up with info like this
Ticker , full name and industry

hope this is what you needed
David