Re: [amibroker] newsletter 4 industries.js

Hi Fred and all,

There is some misunderstanding in basic concepts of sector/industry
assignments. As I wrote in the 4th issue of a newsletter:

"The difference between a sector and an industry is that industries "belong" to sectors, for example: "Air Courier", "Airline",
"Railroads", "Trucking" industries belong to "Transportation" sector. So an assignment to an industry implicts assignment to a
sector. If you don't want to have detailed industries you can just assign first 32 industries to 32 sectors on one-by-one basis. "

This means that companies (stocks) are NOT assigned directly to sectors.
The companies ARE assigned to the industries and industries are assigned to sectors.
(using Stock->Categories window). The relationship is shown in the following
scheme

Stock1 --> Industry1 -> Sector1
Stock2 --> Industry1 -> Sector1
Stock3 --> Industry2 -> Sector1

All three stocks "belong" to "Sector1" because Industry1 and Industry2 are assigned
to Sector1.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko