Re: [amibroker] newsletter 4 industries.js

From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] newsletter 4 industries.js

> Hi Fred and all,
>
> There is some misunderstanding in basic concepts of sector/industry
> assignments. As I wrote in the 4th issue of a newsletter:
>
> "The difference between a sector and an industry is that industries
"belong" to sectors, for example: "Air Courier", "Airline",
> "Railroads", "Trucking" industries belong to "Transportation" sector. So
an assignment to an industry implicts assignment to a
> sector. If you don't want to have detailed industries you can just assign
first 32 industries to 32 sectors on one-by-one basis. "

> This means that companies (stocks) are NOT assigned directly to sectors.
> The companies ARE assigned to the industries and industries are assigned
to sectors.
> (using Stock->Categories window). The relationship is shown in the
following
> scheme
>
> Stock1 --> Industry1 -> Sector1
> Stock2 --> Industry1 -> Sector1
> Stock3 --> Industry2 -> Sector1
>
> All three stocks "belong" to "Sector1" because Industry1 and Industry2 are
assigned
> to Sector1.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko

hi tomas what does this error mean ?
script d:\amibrober\industries.js
line: 47
char: 11
Error:Overflow
code 800A0006
Source: micosoft J Script runtime error

i get it when i run some of my data file using the script?

The asx idustry listing is eg
sector
industry(sub sector )
Gold 01 Gold
producer 011
Gold
Explorer 012

Gold, other mining 013
Other metal 02

Diversified Resources 03 etc

Media 15

Diversified media 151
Media
publishing 152
so my files should look like this ?
AAR,ANGLO AUSTRALIAN RESOURCES ,01 2 get error
this should assign it to the industy Gold Explorer
APN,APN NEWS & MEDIA LIMITED,152 runs fine
this does assign APN to Divcersified media 152