Re: [amibroker] newsletter 4 industries.js

Hi David and all

You are certainly right about the scripts, the whole newsletter(s) really,
that Tomasz has been writing for us ... never doubt their usefullness
Tomasz, and "Thanks".

David, I too have been preparing a few ASX files to try and use the scripts
that Tomasz has made to help us get <full name> <sector> into
broker.database. I started out with a full companies <ticker,full
name,industry activity> listing ( a .htm file ) off the asx site and made a
.csv file from that ... I sorted it on "industry activity" then added the
"sector number" corresponding to the the "appropriate sector number" I had
put into each line of an asx broker.industries file I made. I also editted
"omega.format" to comment out the line $GROUP 255.

So, what happens is this : The full data base (all the asx companies (plus
some !) as emailed to us by australianstockmarketdata ) is loaded, then
tomasz's industries.js is run. Each company's full name and 'industry' get
correctly associated (alleluia) with the company ticker but the sector
number does not get altered/up-dated !!

Can you, or Tomasz, suggest what I might do to fix this ?

Regards

Fred