Re: [amibroker] Culling database

Hi, Geoff:

On 30-Nov-00, Geoff Mulhall wrote:

> Would it be possible to have a routine which would delete unwanted indices
> from the input file so that the database is not loaded with unwanted
material
> in the first place.

Yes, it is possible. The term you probably meant to use was ignore, not
delete.
You can do this simply by asking AB if the ticker exists in the database. If
the ticker exists, import the data; otherwise, the process should skip the
unwanted data. Just how you do this depends upon the language you use to do
the importing, and the capabilities of the PC version (which I don't know at
all). I use this method in some of my Suites. Tomasz will explain soon,
probably using the PC.

> I'd like to be able to cull the daily file to remove all tickers of length
> greater than 3 whic the exception of the major indices which I'd like to
keep.

Again, just check with the language that you use to see if the ticker meets
your requirements (LENGTH() = 3). In Australia, the ticker could be 3-6 chars
long. Filtering the indices may need other requirements, though.

> Does anyone have a solution please ?

This is what I did (and more) with my Aussie Suite, for the Amiga.

--

The World of AmiBroker Support