Re: [amibroker] Share Price Data Management

Hi Fred,

Just a few comments:

> That was a terrific idea, Mark. It was even more simple to implement than
> you suggested. Jump out to DOS and use "copy *.txt thelot.txt " !! I
> finished up with a 99 Meg file that Amibroker read in in under two minutes.
> This data was 'up to date ?' at 27 Oct. The 5 daily update files brought it
> up to 03 Nov.

Note that you can import multiple text files in one pass using multiple selection
of files in file dialog (available by holding down SHIFT or CTRL keys during making selection
with a mouse).
Also: less than 2 minutes for 99MB file - not bad at all? This is one of the "quiet" improvement
made in version 3.4. ASCII import is now 10 times faster then in v3.3!

Yes it is possible using OLE automation (an example will appear on the www.amibroker.com soon)

> 2] When I was installing Amibroker I installed it into the directory
> C:\AMIBROKER .. all went well except the .\Data subdirectory got created in
> C:\Broker! I manually moved it across to C:\AMIBROKER and put the data into
> the \a \b \c directories etc
I will check it again (strange because I haven't had such problems before).

> 3] It seems to me that it is very important to have each of all the files in
> its proper [Market][Groups][Sectors][Industries] set .. otherwise Scanning
> and Back Testing could be quite misleading. It is going to take some time to
> plan and implement this I would think.
Yes, and it can be also automated using OLE interface of AmiBroker.

And thank you Fred for trying AmiBroker!

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko