Re: [amibroker] Share Price Data Management

Hello, Fred:

On 01-Nov-00, fred rye wrote:

> Q1] Is there a way with the registered version of Amibroker of
> outputting an updated history file for each stock in the workspace ?

AmiBroker does not have a way of directly exporting data.
In the file section of my web site, I have an ARexx program which will do
this. Maybe you can rewrite it in a PC scripting language.

> Q2] If Amibroker cannot write an updated history file what is a
> reasonable way to manage the large number of files that will
> accumulate (2000+ *5 per week !! - even 500 * 5 per week is a lot -
> which 500 ?? ) ?

You did say "write". AB writes its own updated data files. You want to archive
thousands of text history files? I am not sure how you want to apply this.

Remember that the main reason >I< found for exporting data is to merge data of
two tickers.

> What is an efficient way of getting
> the initial lot of 2000+ history files into the workspace ?

You have at least two choices: enter the data manually, file by file; write a
script to import all available files.

> Q4] Is there an Australian list that classifies {1} each company by
> its [group] [sector][industry] as 'required' at Stocks -> > Categories ?

I have not seen one yet, but, if Yahoo! has an Aussie site, that would be one
place to start.

>Also, at that same menu, what codes do we (in Australia)
> enter under the heading [settings] ?

By "codes", do you mean tickers or a classification?
I have to ask because I don't see "Categories" or "Settings" in the Amiga
version.

ASX tickers have 6, or less, letters. The main ticker has the least, with the
longer tickers representing secondary listings. You have to determine if you
want to track all tickers or not, because, if I remember correctly, the
secondaries don't trade often, past their initial offering.

> {1} I've got the security name/code/classification file off the ASX
> website).

That's a start. ;^) (Does your Q4 relate?)

--

The World of AmiBroker Support