RE: [amibroker] Share Price Data Management

Hi Fred,

> Q3] I would think that I will purchase V3.4 when it is released
> (despite the $aus/$usa :-( ); What is an efficient way of getting
> the initial lot of 2000+ history files into the workspace ?

I would imagine that if you are starting out with individual files for each
stock, the best method would be to combine them into one file (using one of
Amibroker's supported import formats) using a good spreadsheet program like
Excel (on the PC, or whatever your program of choice is on the Amiga. Even
some Amiga text editors can manipulate columns very well).

This new format would mean making the stock code the first item of each line
followed by the usual date, price and volume data. The StockWatch format is
probably fine for this.

As long as the data will fit into one file, Amibroker should then be able to
import the entire history in one pass.

Just one idea...

Mark