Advances/declines

Hi all,
Could anyone shed some light on how to get the
A-D line to work?

I have several hundred stocks in my watchlist
and I want to know how many closed higher/lower etc.

I've tried using the Stock-Calculate composites
menu, but nothing seems to happen. There is nothing displayed in my A-D line
either.

I also don't understand what the "Volume for
base index" and "Copy volume to all indexes" check boxes are going to
do.

Is there any other quick way of finding out how
many stocks went up/down/no change?

Steve