Re: [amibroker] AmiQuote export formats

Hi, Tomasz:

On 07-Jul-00, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> First of all: Jerrel asked about exporting from AmiQuote not AmiBroker.
> AmiQuote is internet downloader program for AmiBroker. Exporting data
> from AmiBroker is different thing.

Ah, OK, I have yet to see AmiQuote in action (I use REBOL to get my data.).
Does it make new ASCII files by extracting and reformating data from web
sites?

> Second: I can not see any problem with renaming tickers.
> Just rename the ticker symbol of a stock in AmiBroker and
> reimport data from the date when renaming occurred.

Reimporting years of data is not always an easy option (many exchanges don't
have histories available). As I pointed out, changing tickers only works if we
catch the name change in time, before any data is collected in a new file.
With minor stocks, this can easily go undetected for quite some time, when a
whole exchange is followed. A reliable way of exporting all data from
AmiBroker is needed (as you noted below), in this case.

> With PC version you can use Automation interface provided by AmiBroker.
> Examples of using Automation interface are given on AmiBroker/Win32 site.
> Exporting quotations of single stock is a matter of iterating Quotations
> collection of a Stock object.

I'll try, once I get a PC.
As for long Amiga histories, it was always broken. ;^(

> Currently AmiBroker's ASCII importers allows not only to import quotes but
> also company full name, assignments to groups, markets, industries,
> additional information (WSE related), number and volume of advancing,
> declining and unchanged issues.
> Soon it will be also possible to import financial figures such as income,
> earnings before taxes and after the taxes, EPS, book value and more.

Yes, this is what is needed, unless a different method of merging data files
will be made. AmiBroker's capabilities are getting better all of the time. ;^)

> ... there will be an option in Amibroker for exporting data.

Great!

===

> Well, I don't visit Warsaw very often
> I live in Wroclaw which is about 300 km from Warsaw

Oops, I must have been sleeping - it's in Krakow/Cracow, which is just as far
away! http://info.cyf-kr.edu.pl/kamera/duzy.html

> BTW: Donald, my wife Elizabeth saw your "Bio" page and guess what she said:
> "Oh, he looks young and fit" :-)

"Thank you, Elizabeth!" At my age (soon to be 46), I'll take any compliment
thrown my way. ROTFL

As for being fit, I keep in shape, partly by riding my bicycle everywhere
possible (I used to race bicycles & it's also a lifestyle decision thingy...),
and our whole family started learning karate, recently. Wow, I've never
sweated so much without moving anywhere!

We're off to the dojo now.

--

The World of AmiBroker Support