Re: [amibroker] AmiQuote export formats

Hello,

> > > Is it then possible for you to apply different ascii exportformats such
> > > as d(yyyymmdd),o,h,l,c,v. I would appriciate if you do.
>
> > As I wrote you before, AmiQuote is a companion program for AmiBroker
> > and AmiBroker can import data downloaded by AmiQuote without any problems,
> > thanks to flexible ASCII import feature.
>
> > I don't see any reason why AmiQuote should export the data in other formats.
>
> > If you are using other charting software which is NOT able to read ASCII
> > files produced by AmiQuote think about upgrading to AmiBroker.
>
> There is a Very Good Reason ® to need a reliable data exporter: if a stock
> changes tickers (through a merger or acquisition, or moving from one exchange
> to another) and we don't know about it in time, we may need to join two data
> files together.

First of all: Jerrel asked about exporting from AmiQuote not AmiBroker. AmiQuote
is internet downloader program for AmiBroker. Exporting data from AmiBroker is
different thing.

Second: I can not see any problem with renaming tickers.
Just rename the ticker symbol of a stock in AmiBroker and
reimport data from the date when renaming occurred.

>Anyone who follows many stocks or whole exchanges will already
> have run into this problem! That is why I wrote the history data exporter
> (history.rexx - Amiga) - one of my first programs. Although "history" is meant
> for exporting historical data, I also wrote "names.rexx", which, with a bit of
> editing on the user's part, will export any other data that AmiBroker makes
> available to it through ARexx, for all stocks in a database. The original
> versions of both are freely available on my web site.

The only problem is that ARexx programs can be run only on Amigas.
Althrough there is something called Regina REXX for PC it is not compatible
with ARexx (different scheme of interprocess communication)

With PC version you can use Automation interface provided by AmiBroker.
Examples of using Automation interface are given on AmiBroker/Win32 site.
Exporting quotations of single stock is a metter of iterating Quotations collection
of a Stock object.

> Getting all of that data back into AmiBroker is something else, especially
> since the ASCII import system changed. The history exporter originally worked
> in conjunction with the old StockMaster ASCII format, which was incapable of
> reimporting any of that all important supporting data.

Currently AmiBroker's ASCII importers allows not only to import quotes but also
company full name, assignments to groups, markets, industries, additional information
(WSE related), number and volume of advancing, declining and unchanged issues.

Soon it will be also possible to import finacial figures such as income, earnings before
taxes and after the taxes, EPS, book value and more.

> On the other hand, when I first saw "d(yyyymmdd),o,h,l,c,v", I thought maybe
> Jerrel wanted to use the data in a spreadsheet, which is still capable of
> doing things a T/A program can't. We users do have strange desires.
As far as I know *EVERY* (even basic) spreadsheet supports multiple date formats.
Also: AmiQuote is a downloader program

Conclusion:
It will be nice, of course, to have multiple export options in AmiQuote program
and some day I will implement it, but for sure first there will be an option in Amibroker
for exporting data.

> I see that there is a webcam pointing at a public square, in old Warsaw. Maybe
> you could give us all a big wave, some day. ;^)

Well, I don't visit Warsaw very often

I live in Wroclaw which is about 300 km from Warsaw, but maybe someday
I will create more "personal" web page with photos.
BTW: Donald, my wife Elizabeth saw your "Bio" page and guess what she said:
"Oh, he looks young and fit" :-)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko