[amibroker] Auto Teletext quotes (UK)

  • To: amibroker@xxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] Auto Teletext quotes (UK)
  • From: "magnet" <magnet@xxxx>
  • Date: 18 Feb 2000 19:40:28 -0000

Hi all

I'd like to firstly thank Tomasz for his continued support for the
Amiga platform, and an excellent piece of software.

Personally, I prefer to trade Equity Options on the London Stock
Exchange, but still find AmiBroker to have it's uses, although this
type of trading is not currently supported directly.

I use the teletext decoder from ELSAT plugged into the parallel port
on my A1200, to obtain 15min mid-price quotes throughout the day, and
also to download an end-of-day report, auto saving all details to my
hard-drive.

This is achieved by a custom arexx script, which can be left running
for the whole week.

I have also written a rexx script to be assigned to one of the
AmiBroker function keys which updates all your charts with the days
data from these files. I only use the closing prices, but the scripts
could easily be modified to update whenever you wish (a skeleton
script has been written and is working here ok, but has not been
thoroughly tested yet).

If anyone would like copies of these scripts, feel free to contact me.

email me: magnet@xxxx

wobble later
magnet

aka Richard S Lambert