[amibroker] Re: The most wanted feature

On 16-Feb-00, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> just say what is your favourite future enhancement.
> Curious about your picks,

Hi, Tomasz! I am glad you asked. ;^)

I don't have just one "favourite" feature, but here are some that will help me
(I have mentioned some of these in the past) and most should help others
overall: (in no special order)

- an expandable ARexx marco menu
- a Save process which only saves the changed files
- a visible indicator of when the database is changed (a' la Pro Page)
- a manual entry for commissions, regardless of how the table works
- the ability to run binaries easier from the ARexx menu
- the ability for ARexx to access more info in the database,
such as the list of tickers in the portfolio
- multi-account and multi-person portfolios
- the OPEN price in the grab bar of the main chart
- one more quarter in the earnings panel and
- show earnings growth rates for each quarter
- a place to enter when (a date) each quarter normally ends
- add Year-To-Date in the Analysis menu
- some "pointer" to indicate when trades and splits were made
- the ability to save the location of a custom indicator's window and
- the ability to have custom indicators display upon booting
- the ability to project a future price better and
- indicate the price under the pointer's hot spot
- auto-colouring bar trends (user selectable, of course)
(i.e. up in green, down in red, sideways in yellow or blue)
- individual RS settings, not just one default comparison
- the ability to display two charts, for visual comparison
- the ability to search for a stock by name, for when the ticker is unknown
- a bit more documentation for some of the current features and/or
how you intend them to be used
(just one example, Menus/Stock/Dividend is missing from the guide)
- we know that more indicators are on your To-Do list
- add the current price to the Portfolio manager's details
- the ability to alpha-sort the list in the Portfolio manager
- a way to track the number of daily trades
- a greater length for the address information
- the ability to put windows back to their default or previous positions,
for after an Arrange
- Right-Amiga-S for a Save, not a split; many more keyboard shortcuts
- a way to abort a Save
- a place to note in which currency a stock's earnings are reported
(i.e. some Canadian stocks report in US$)
- the ability to skip what AmiBroker thinks are splits, then find the next
- the ability to use "/" not just "-" in ARexx dates
- a four character year

"These are a few of my faaavourite things...", from the Sound of Music

The most crucial to me today is getting a bigger macro menu!
Frankly, I just don't have anywhere near enough room, anymore.
So, maybe I do have a "favourite" request after all. ;^)

Notice that _most_ of these seem to be relatively simple ideas, not many
are "biggies". AmiBroker has most of the features which I am capable of
understanding and using, at this time, and I need more time to get familiar
with using some others, such as AFL (ARexxing keeps me very busy).

The expansion or re-designing of some current features, such as the commission
table and the company information panel would be useful, helpful, even
necessary.

The only real "dream" on my list is to have a customisable toolbar, but there
are other more important ideas that need your attention.

I don't know other similar programs for the PC very well, but other users may
have suggestions for important features or ideas based on them.

--

The World of AmiBroker Support