[amibroker] Re: Win32 ARexx replacement?

Hi,

> On 17-Jul-99, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
>
> > > What will you be using in the AmiBroker Win32 version for the ARexx
> > > replacement?
>
> > There are several options:
> > a) there is a Regina Rexx implementation for Windows, but this
> > implementation solves comunication differently (no Amiga-like Rexx
ports).
> > Moreover almost no-one is using it.
>
> Numbers do count. Some-one on the ARexx ML wanted to know more about
> the ARexx implementation, to see if similar ports could be made to Regina.
He
> just asked today.
Anyway this must work differently so there is a cross-platform compatiblity
issue.

> > b) Win98 introduced something which is called Windows Scripting Host -
> > a Visual Basic-like scripting language. Since this is M$ invention it
seems
> > to have the biggest support.
>
> OK, but...
I also don't like M$ solutions. Anyone else ? ;-))))) Maybe it is easier to
ask who likes it?

> > c) REBOL/Command. As you probably know REBOL is platform independent
> > scripting language. However REBOL/core does not have an ability to talk
> > with other applications.
> > On the other hand REBOL/Command promises to bring process launching and
> > communication.
>
> ... from *my* point of view, REBOL wins hand down! Because we must get our
> data from the Internet (anyone here NOT doing this?), REBOL has
overwhelming
> advantages. 3rd-party REBOL ports are not too far off - it would be worth
> waiting.
I agree that REBOL is more attractive. However I must wait until
REBOL/Command is released
since this is the first version which will be capable to talk to other
programs. (Yes I know REBOL/core
can talk to any program via TCP/IP but I don't like the idea to build TCP
sockets into AmiBroker)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
Visit AmiBroker WWW Site at: