[amibroker] Re: Win32 ARexx replacement?

Hi Everyone,

> Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
> >

> > > Hello, Tomasz:
> > >
> > > What will you be using in the AmiBroker Win32 version for the ARexx
> > > replacement?
> >
> thios means that are you dropping Amiga support?
> I'm now using Linux. Is there any hope to see AmiBroker as a
> Linux/Gnome app?

No, I do not drop Amiga support. And I am not going to drop it simply
because
I have a user base which gave and gives me all the time valuable feedback
and support.
Amiga community is much better than PC because of better response, more
computer-familiar
people and so on.

So don't worry about the Amiga version. It is well and still evolving!

During porting to Win32 I am trying to re-use as much of original Amiga code
as possible.
I have written portability layer (some kind of library) which implements
some of the AmigaOS services
(exec, graphics) and now I am able to use a lot of AmigaOS functions on
Win32 platform leaving
the Amiga code untouched.
All database management, chart drawing code, analysis engine (AFL
interpreter) is common to Amiga and Win32 now.
The only thing which differs enough is user-interface stuff.
So it is even better now, since I can develop important core code for both
platforms at the same time,
taking advantage of better development/debugging tools (on Amiga I use SAS/C
which is very simple compared
to VIsualC++ 6 which I use on PC).
I can now write & debug code much more comfortably than before.

As for Linux: Yes I was thinking about it but this depends on a success of
Win32 port.
So there is a hope that there will be AmiBroker for Linux - but not sooner
than next year.

Best regards,

Tomasz Janeczko
Visit AmiBroker WWW Site at: