[amibroker] Re: EURO Currency

08-Jan-99 19:38:26 Donald Dalley wrote about [amibroker] Re: EURO Currency:

>What? You can't multiply by 1.6617 in your head? ;^)

>> It would be very kind of you, to send me your converter :))

>It's on its way to you. Enjoy!

Thank you very much. This tool has been very usefull to me. Generally it
worked fine. Only one problem occured with a stock name, which contained one
blank space in the name. After renaming the stock, all went fine.
Only my portfolio in the account manager still was in DM.
I fixed this by "selling" my stocks first and then "buying" them back with
euro.

>> BTW, does anybody have an idea where in the net you can get quotes of the
>> Frankfurt (Germany) stock exchange? Well, for free of course ;)

>What are German AmiBroker users using for quotes now?

I get my quotes by TV (will say: Videotext). I wrote (better said: I am still
writing) some ARexx-scripts to add the quotes to the amibroker database.
But my programming skills are VERY limited, so most times it's faster to
hack the quotes in by hand :(
And there is only an average quote every day, no high or low, no volume.

Better quotes I get with my PC and the Quicken software. I have a list of
approx. 70 stocks there and I get quotes with high/low/volume for up to
5 days with one internet download. Just one mouseclick, but there is no
way to do an export of the quotes, so I can't use the them for amibroker.

Bye

/\ \ /
/--\chim \/\/ahl

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/amibroker