[amibroker] AREXX script for importing End-of-Day ASCII data?

  • Subject: [amibroker] AREXX script for importing End-of-Day ASCII data?
  • From: Terry Chadban <terryc@xxxx>
  • Date: 4 Oct 1998 02:04:53 -0000

Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether anyone has written a generic AREXX script for
ASCII import of end-of-day data. I am not an AREXX programmer, but it
seems to me that it should not be too hard to write a script to import
data of a format like:

CODE,DATE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,VOLUME

or something similar - this seems to be the most popular format that I
have come across, but other countries may use a slightly different one.
AmiBroker already has most of the AREXX commands available, but the only
format that I have been able to import so far has been

$Name CODE
$FORMAT DATE OPEN HIGH LOW CLOSE VOLUME

with the stock code on a separate line. This is fine for historical data,
but not so good for end-of-day data. Has anyone come up with a script for
end-of-day data, and is willing to share it with the rest of us
non-AREXXers?
This will probably be taken care of in future versions of AmiBroker, but
in
the meantime, we need to update our databases each day.

Bye for now,
Terry
--
Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed.
-- Carolyn Scheppner

___
////
terryc@xxxx Australian Amigas do it #umop apisdn#
#Amiga# 2000/030/50,1+40+Retina 4mb \\\\///
Miami,V-NG,YAM2,MD-2,AmFTP,AmIRC \\\\/