IE 6 & Tweaking Tools Conflict

I just tried it again, and connected instantly for fourth time today, via
Windows 2000 sp3, IE 6.02, and cable modem connection.

There is an obscure conflict between IE 6 and some of the Windows tweaking
software, BTW, and it causes some strange IE behaviors, including the
inability to use Outlook message URLs to connect to some websites.
Frequently causes problems with Yahoo access. And causes problems with URL's
that are more than two levels away from home pages.

I had that problem.  Caught it in time so that I could restore to prior,
untweaked version of IE and W2K, from a recent backup.  Also caused Windows
Explorer "Search" function to not operate properly.  Restoring to a
pre-tweaked version solved the problem.

If you have occasional problems with other URLs or with automatic signons or
cookies, the cause is likely some registry entries made by the tweaking
tools, that IE 6 and Windows Explorer (in W2K) do not like. Bad news about
that is, only solution is a complete fresh reinstall of W2K - I was unable
to trace what the offending registry entries were, and could not find
anything in KnowledgeBase about same - or restore from a backup to a prior
version that does not have the tweaking applied.

Maybe that IE/tweaking tool conflict is the problem you are experiencing? I
hope not, because its a huge amount of work to fix.

eSignal now owns Advanced Get, fyi, and presumably that includes Trading
Techniques, Inc.

Vince Heiker
Flower Mound, TX