Re: software contract doc

Dear Colin,

Leslie's suggestion is a good start, and as a retired lawyer, I would like to
suggest a little more as a bare minimum --- namely, that what you write include
your expectations (what, when, how, who, where, etc.), as detailed as you can
make them, together with what will happen if and when your expectations are not
realized (ie, your remedies upon default).  No, I don't think you really need 20
pages, and yes, I do think you need more than 2 sentences.  In my book, you need
an agreement that spells out the pluses AND and provides for all the minuses,
with as much detail and clarity as you can provide, cause sure as shootin', fate
will often give you something in between, and then you need something to fall
back on to see what was going on in the minds of the parties when they thought
they were both talking about the same thing.

Sincerely,

Richard