RE: Ascii to xpo converter

Mark Brown wrote:

> i think this is great cause the more people who own it (Historycentre) "i >do" the better.  why? because it has to be the most archaic hard to use >software i have ever seen in my life.  yes it works, perfect "IF" you have >every setting perfect.  well you may say "so what" how hard can it be to >get every setting perfect?  damm near impossible.
>
> i had not thought of that, historycenter has no limits as far as i
> know, but how would i know, i can't get it to work.

Mark is giving Historycentre a bum rap. This is amazing software. Andrew
Nazarov has done a terrific job here. Yes the documentation is very
poor, yes every setting has to be perfect (but for ANY software to work
every setting has to be perfect). And Historycentre is more tedious to
use than Qloader but it will work and do what NO other software will. If
you want to convert ascii to .xpo or .omz this is the only software that
will do it.

I got the Historycentre demo working for multi-symbols and tick data.
And I can not believe that no one else on the list has been able to get
it to work. But I did not get one response for the following post (more
than a few people on this list own HistoryCentre):

> Subject:           HistoryCentre
>     Date:           Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:57:13 -0700
>    From:           Wayne Mathews <wayne@xxxxxxxxx>
>       To:           =omega list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Has anyone got the demo for HistoryCentre to work (or HistoryCentre
> itself)?  With the demo I can convert, using the Wizard, a Quote.com
> daily ascii (csv) file to xpo (size 10KB) with no error messages.

Which brings up a sore spot with me. That many people are lurking on the
list but apparently unwilling to contribute (even in the simplest ways).
Yes, I know that there is no requirement to contribute for being on this
list. Or that if someone emails directly to you that you are not
obligated to respond. To me it is a matter of fairplay. I will help you
out if I can, you help me out if you can.

Here is about as simple a request as you can get and I got one response!
Now how many people on this list have RadarScreen!

> Subject:           Question on how RadarScreen was packaged
>     Date:           Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:15:41 -0700
>    From:           Wayne Mathews <wayne@xxxxxxxxx>
>       To:           =omega list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am looking for a CD of RadarScreen. Anyone have one for sale or trade?
> DID IT COME ON 1 CD OR WAS IT PACKAGED ONLY ON THE TS PROSUITE CD? DID
> TS PROSUITE HAVE 3 CDS OR JUST ONE? Plz response privately.

I do not want to leave the impression that I have not been helped on the
list because I have. But I just do not understand why the simplest
request goes unanswered.

If you want to get the demo for HistoryCentre to work email me and I
will give you some direction.

wayne