Re: Ascii to xpo converter

  • To: Ernie Bonugli <ebonugli@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Ascii to xpo converter
  • From: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:36:21 -0700

Hello  Ernie,

EB> Isn't Qloader limited to the amount of history it will
EB> download?

yes it is limited to the amount of data available from quote.com so
that would really pose a problem if you needed long history data.

i had not thought of that, historycenter has no limits as far a s i
know, but how would i know, i can't get it to work.

i think if traders want to unite on something - if you think about it
we all need this data so instead of every man for himself why in the
hell don't we get a data co op where we pay someone to supply this
data.  the answer is to start with the most popular data series and go
from there.  the money would be better spent on a co op effort like
this than everyone continually trying to keep up the data in "their"
little world.

there has to be an answer and a better way, we have to figure out what
needs to be done specify the project and pay someone to do it.
instead of continually taking what some developer wants you to have.
if all these developers used their own stuff as much as i use their
stuff they would automatically know and understand what is needed to
make it better.  yet really they fall short of delivering a perfect
solution because of continuing sales of existing imperfect solutions.

by the time every trader has bought the software and figured out the
short comings the developer has enuff money to not be not be concerned
about making it better.  there is no incentive, so the answer is to
specify a custom project and get it right the first time.

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com