Re: Larry's New Idea

I think you know as well as anyone that dear Larrys
seminars are well designed to attract many people at
5k a pop. He has spent as much time figuring out how
to pitch traders as he has developing the trading
systems he teaches.

He is a talented trader, i grant you, but would I buy
a system from him ... I very much doubt it.

Even if every trade is a looser, which happened a few
years ago I am told, with stops he still comes out on
top if you include the 500k he'll make from the
seminar fees!

He has stated before that he trades a basket of
techniques from seasonal approaches to breakout to
swing to patterns etc. Now he's excited about a new
system that has made money recently ... well thats
great, but lets see how it holds up to real
backtesting ... not the kind of "backtesting" that
sytems vendors like ASC trend would have you believe.

Snip
> I’ve done a lot of market research in my life…most was dead end
stuff,
Really!  It wasnt so dead end when the last set of students paid 5k to
hear all about it!

If you want to learn about pattern techniques and opening Gap
techniques, there are alot cheaper ways of doing it. However, if what
you really want is a nice room in rancho santa fe and a friendly pat on
the back then pls, go right ahead ....

Sceptically yours,
Mike

On 23 Sep 2002, at 14:52, Mark Brown wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> http://www.ctiming.com/MillionInfo.asp
>
> HERES WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE MONEY
>
> TECHNIQUES THAT HAVE WORKED
>
> AFTER THE SEMINAR IN REAL TIME
>
>     What you are about to read here are results in real time, and real
>     trading   after   these  techniques  were  taught.  They  are  not
>     hypothetical  or  after the fact. This is reality. Clearly I did
>     not  take  all  the trades you are going to read about here. I did
>     take  some  and anyone could have taken them all as the rules were
>     known  ahead  of  time. I have allowed for slippage and commission
>     but that can also vary.
>
> 1) A REVOLUTIONARY WAY TO DAY TRADE
>
> My Newest and Best Way to Day Trade.
>
> Ive done a lot of market research in my lifemost was dead end stuff,
> only  a  few  things  were  revolutionary  brand  nee innovations in
> trading,  like  a)  volatility  breakouts,  now so widely use b) money
> management  formulas  c)  my  %R  for  combining  trend and anti-trend
> trading. D) Using opening prices, not closes.
>
> And  now  I  have  an  entirely  new way of day trading the S&P 500 or
> E-Minis. Let me first state
>
> 1.  It is totally mechanical
>
> 2.  It does not use price for signals
>
> 3.  It is based on market breadth and volume ratios
>
> 4.  It can be used in 30 minute or 60 minute bars
>
> 5.  Im trading this every day of the week myself
>
> Please  re-read  point  5look  at the following computer study of the
> systems  trades and you will understand why Im trading this every day
> of  the  week.  You will need Trade Station, CQG, or another real time
> data feed to trade this withyou cant keep up with it by hand.
>
> What  I  like most about this system is that it does not look at price
> to  get us init looks at the flow of volume as expressed my advancing
> and  declining stocks to trigger signals. This eliminates the wildness
> of price action and focuses on underlying market strength instead.

> This looks very interesting and I was thinking of attending.  ;) mb
>
> --

Regards
Mike