Re: W2K

--- Don Ewers <dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know I have seen this problem posted before.  I
> install W2K and when I go
> to start the server a message appears asking for me
> to install the security
> block, which is already there?  What is the fix for
> this?

It's a bit of an effort, but well worth it.
The following is the procedure if you run into
problem installing under Win2000:

The only issue encountered to date between the
products has been  related to the Security Block
drivers. In order for the
block to be recognized, the steps outlined in the
Ntreadme.wri file  located in the
Omega\Prog\Drivers\NT directory must be completed. The
text of  this file is included below. In addition, the
following lines must be  added to the system.ini file
as the first two lines under the  [386Enh] Section as
follows:
[386Enh]
device=ssiact.386
SSI_LPT=1
1 is used for LPT1, 2 for LPT2, etc. if the block is
attached to a port
other than LPT1.
Text of Ntreadme.wri filedirectory is located in  the
Windows directory, not WINNT as outlined below. Please

use the Windows\SYSTEM32 or Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\
directory where applicable.  Manual Installation
of the Security Block under Windows NT The following
is a list of
instruction on how to manually install the drivers for
the Security  Block under the Windows NT operating
system:
Step 1
Copy the following files located in your
OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT directory to
the WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory:
SSIDDDP.SYS
SSIPDDP.SYS
Step 2
Copy the following file located in your
OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT directory to
the WINNT\SYSTEM32\ directory:
SSIVDDP.DLL
Step 3
Add the following line to the CONFIG.NT file in
Windows NT  WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory.
DEVICE=%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\SSIDDDP.SYS
Step 4 Locate your MS-DOS prompt. At the prompt type
the letter  of the drive in which your Omega directory
resides followed by the  colon and the pressing Enter
or Return key.
Then Type in the following line followed by pressing
the Enter or  Return key.
CD\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGI install
If you are installing your Security Block on LPT1,
STOP HERE and  restart your computer. You have
completed the installation of the  Security Block. If
you are installing the Security Block on
another LPT port continue with the remaining steps.
Step 5
Locate your MS-DOS prompt. At the prompt type the
letter of the  drive in which your Omega directory
resides followed by the colon  and the pressing Enter
or Return key.
Then Type in the following line followed by pressing
the Enter or  Return key.
CD\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGM LPTPort=n (n,
representing the number assigned to your parallel
port) You have
completed the installation of theSecurity Block.
***********************
Upgrading to TradeStation Version 4.0
When you are upgrading from a previous version of
TradeStation to  the current build and you get the
message 'SSIACT.386 not loaded'  after rebooting, you
will need to perform these steps:
1.	Locate the Control Panel. (This can be found under
the program  group MAIN in Windows NT 3.5X or START -
SETTINGS in
Windows NT 4.0)
2.	Double click the Devices.
3.	Find the Device name "SSIPDDP: Parallel port device
driver,"  then click on the listing to highlight it.
4.	Click on the Startup... button.
5.	Select the Disabled radio button and click OK.
6.	You will now need to reboot your computer.Once you
have  restarted Windows NT, you will be prompted that
the SSIVDDP -
SSIPDDP driver has not been loaded. Please disregard
this  message and proceed with the installation of
TradeStation
4.0. Once the installation is complete, Setup will ask
you if you  would like to restart the computer.
Click NO. You will need to enable the device SSIPDDP.
Perform  the following steps to ensure proper
installation:
1.	Locate the Control Panel. (This can be
found under the program group MAIN in Windows NT 3.5X
or  START - SETTINGS in Windows NT 4.0)
2.	Double click the Devices.
3.	Find the Device named "SSIPDDP: Parallel port
device driver,"  then click on the listing to
highlight it.
4.	Click on the Startup... button.
5.	Select the Automatic radio button and click OK.
6.	You will now need to restart the computer. THE
INSTALLATION  IS NOW COMPLETE.If you have any further
questions or  concerns, please feel free to contactus.
Thank you for your  continued support.
Sami Kutbi
2000i Software Support Department

TradeStation Technologies, Inc.
(Formerly Omega Research, Inc.)
A wholly owned subsidiary of TradeStation Group, Inc.
(Nasdaq:  TRAD)

=====
JFB
Wading Pool Trading Co