Re: [correction] OT: Win98 wav/alert failure

Looks like your Registry was somehow damaged.  If you haven't installed any new
applications or made any major changes to your system since you had the problem
Friday, restore a previous edition of your Registry.  Doing the steps below
should automatically save your present Registry.  You may restore the present
Registry if, after doing the steps below, the problem is not solved.

1.  Drop into true MS-DOS mode.  You cannot use a DOS window.
2.  You should be at C:\windows.  If not, cd \windows.
3.  scanreg /restore
4.  There should be 5 choices.  Restore to friday, september 6, 2002 registry
copy.  Should say something like 09062002 or something similar.
5.  Should then say "You have successfully restored a working registry." or
something similar.
6.  Reboot "CTRL-ALT-DEL"

Use above steps at your own risk.  I hope you haven't made a large amount of
changes trying to fix it.  LOL

Daniel.