[correction] OT: Win98 wav/alert failure

Sorry. Correction to Control Panel/Sounds/Properties in item 1.
Hello Everyone,

Requesting help with this new problem:

My Win98-TS2ki combo quit playing the specified(or any other) .wav file
when alert conditions are met.
It worked perfectly until yesterday.

1. Attempts to preview all .wav files in Control
Panel/Sounds/Properties  get the error message:

"Windows cannot play the .wav file.  It may be damaged or may not be a
valid sound file.
Replace and try again."

2. Pursuant to Windows knowledge base articles, the .wav files appear to be
OK.

Right click/properties shows all the compression info.
The files preview successfully from the preview tab in the properties window.
The files play perfectly in Windows Media Player.

3. System File Checker found no corrupt or damaged files.

4. Win98 came pre-installed and I don't find any Cab folders with other
.wav files to do a replacement.

Thanks for your help,

Lee